A bit about me
I have over a number of years developed a style of drawn illustration that tries to distill and capture the essence and energy of everyday events or moments in people’s lives in a simple, evocative snapshot.
I have designed and created commissioned art knits for numerous advertising agencies – Recent campaigns included (Time For Boom Ltd) ‘knitted football jumpers for Newcastle United and Sunderland FC and Knitted Coco Caramel cosy design (Red Consultancy) for ‘Nestles Shreddies ‘Knitting Nanas‘.
I have a PGCE in Higher Education and have lectured at various universities for over 10 years in Design and Employability. I am also a trained Artsward advisor for Discover, Explore, Bronze and Silver awards.
In 2004 I was awarded a MBE for services to the community. I have been invited to be a motivational speaker at numerous events including, London School of Economics, Exeter University, BBC TV’s after Dark with Helena Kennedy and The Jury, Channel 4 TV.
- Knitted Toy Theatre – Deloitte Festival, 2015, The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London
- Blue Line – Art in Romney Marsh 2014, St Thomas a Becket Church, Fairfield
- An Exhibition of Memories, Craftivists, Hastings. 2014
- OMG – Art in Romney Marsh 2013, All Saints Church, Lydd
- Selected drawings – Stains and Traces 2014 – Hastings Arts Forum
- Two Faced Jumper – TXT 2013 – Kings Gallery, Hastings
- Out of the Blue – Art on the railings -St Leonards Festival – 2013
- Members Show – Hastings Art Forum 2011